Tuesday 25 February 2014

Why I Think It's Cool Arsene Is Staying.




I actually wasn't that cool with the idea in the summer. I thought he was past it and shared many a private conversation saying that it was probably the end of his time here and no contract should be offered and we'll part way next summer. I'm very cool with it now.

I discarded David Moyes from my list of potential Arsenal managers way before he joined Manchester United. I watched Everton enough in his final season and those previous to know he just wouldn't suit, or give us anything we need. The same for Michael Laudrup, his ability to throw tantrums at the slightest objection plagued his time at Swansea and, look what ultimately happened.

This is in no way an 100% approval of Arsene, you may call it a case of "Better the Devil you know" and there is an element of truth to that, I just don't see a realistic contender to take the reigns and one of the most important points in the clubs history. Guardiola won't leave Bayern, Klopp won't leave Dortmund and could you really see Maureen crossing the divide? Cor, imagine the outrage!

This summer is the first where I'm putting Arsene and the board on the clock. Commercially everything they said would be done, has been done. The years of frugality should be a thing of the past as Arsenal wave goodbye to the restrictive deals signed in order to fund The Emirates, there is now simply no excuse for the squad to be short in areas and the Ozil signing as relieved one money from our backs in regards to big signings.

To summarise, Arsene is the right man at this time, but this is his final deal and his final chance at glory. He has the finances, he has the backing. He needs to step it up one more time. Can he?

No comments:

Post a Comment