Sunday 16 February 2014

Questions.





The title suggest some form of deep inquisition into Arsenal doesn't it? Will I talk about ticket prices, subsidies, redzones, money in the bank, Queensway Road sales?.................No.

These things are all worth mentioning and I think it's honourable that so many people devote a lot of free time to serving the club they love but...I'm just bored of it. And that's probably a bad thing but when you have the same people ramming the same information down your throats (And in some cases incorrect information) it tends to lose it's meaning and authority the 456th time. And I'm not sure how many more times I can stomach hearing the fact we ballsed up the summer transfer window. I know we did. We were there. It's not summer anymore.

Twitter on Matchdays is just bad when Arsenal are playing. Just so wrong. And this brings up more questions such as "Do some Arsenal fans tweet more when Arsenal are losing than they do when they are winning? If so, why? Can you really have an agenda if you're an Arsenal fan which is seeing them underperform? I think the answers are "Probably", "No idea" and "Hopefully not"


So my questions to you are:-

1. Should we have sold Lukas Podolski in January seeing as Wenger seems to have no intention of playing him?

Could he have been bait for Draxler? There obviously seems to be an issue with his workrate, but Podolski is one of those people who can turn a game (West Ham) and with Giroud being driven into the ground at the speed of a Red Rum inspired workhorse, isn't he a better option that Bendtner?

2. With Bacary Sagna's contract running down, does the idea of Carl Jenkinson being Arsenal's #1 RB give you the fear as much as it gives me?

I like Carl. A lot. But there's only so far "An Arsenal fan" gets you. I want him to succeed as much as possible because the fan aspect does give it a proper old romantic look. But he's not been good. I'm musing as to whether his purple patch in form was similar as to when Johan Djourou suddenly became the rock of the back four in 2011 (Cor, do you remember those times?)

and finally....

3. Would you rather win a cup and finish outside the top 4 or win no silverware but guarantee Champions League Football?

I know what I think but be interesting to hear from a few people.


You can tweet me @JamieDalton82 or leave messages in the comments I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment