Tuesday 18 December 2012

Reading 2-5 Arsenal - *Inserts Crap Santi Pun Here*

Hello. I do love a good win don't you? Personally I put it all down to the fact I bust out the retired "lucky" shirt last night, it hasn't seen the light of day since that day at Wembley so I was secretly pleased it still fit as well. Overall I think we did well but there are still a number of things that worry me about this side, they go through stages of passing to one and other like they've just met before kickoff, it's clumsy and fizzed at them or its played behind them which kills the fluidity of the move, but last night saw a return to counter attacking football we haven't seen in a long while, whether it's Arsenal waking up or Reading letting them remains to be seen. Podolski played 90 minutes and had returned from being AWOL in Humberside and Theo got his chance up front. Typical Arsene when he's off in Jan or May. Theo upfront was what destroyed Reading whether Theo meant it or not because The Reading defence were wary of his pace and with the centre midfield playing as false 9's it generally meant that Arsenal's trio had the freedom of the pitch to make things happen. "Shit the bed" Arsenal came out to play for a brief time in the second half but Theo's goal settled nerves. Wigan away awaits and a sterner test I'd imagine. But it was just nice to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment