Monday 5 November 2012

Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal - Limp, Lifeless and Lessons Never Learned




I really had to fight the urge not to plaster "This Match Report is Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest, The Players don't seem to care, so why should I?" in big letters across the front page, because it's the same old story lately.

What I find unforgivable was the vibes given out by the team in both halves that anything less than a 8-2 defeat would be progress, at least that was a makeshift team in disarray with a few days left in the transfer window to sort it out. The team looked defeated in body language at kick-off and for a club of Arsenal's ilk it's unforgivable but sadly we've expected this kind of thing these days.

Tactically it wasn't much better either and let's put it out there - Andre Santos is a lovely guy who the players speak very high of - but he's a liability and I really do question the logic and competence of a manager who cannot see the bumsqueaking horror and danger in playing Santos against a team that will adapt to play the team they are playing and use pacy wingers to badly make us suffer, and he might not like it but Vermaelen can play left-back and would restrict the problem. It was easy for Manchester United, Arsenal put out a "Don't Beat Us Too Badly" klaxon out. That should tell you all you need to know.

I'm genuinely worried for the state of the club at the minute, the manager looks like a beaten fighter, punchdrunk and on the ropes from years of not being given the tools to defend and punches coming from nowhere, I don't go into games thinking we'll win easily anymore & even when we're 4 goals up I can't relax.

Am I gearing up for Arsene Wenger's departure from Arsenal? I have been for years and I always saw 2014 as the time for change, he would be seen as the "Gatekeeper" who oversaw the move from Highbury to The Emirates and the shortfall of cash, still managing to get Champions League football against the odds, now I don't even think he'll get that far, he seems demoralized from years with a boardroom who seem to forget its "Arsenal Football Club" - And I do think he deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment